Important Steps for Gate Replacement11/21/2013 Back To Blog
Residential gate installation presupposes good planning, accurate measurements and deep consideration of property requirements. Replacing the old gate is not easy because many factors will affect your decision, there are innumerable options as well as personal family needs and they must all be calculated, balanced rationally and weighed in accordance to their gravity before final decisions are taken. Consider some of your options in order to get a glimpse of the necessity to take careful steps.
1. From plain to ornamental iron gates and natural wood to bamboo or composite lumber, there are many choices in terms of materials. If you want to support the ecological concerns and get green, it's best choosing ecofriendly materials such as composite lumber. In any other case, it's best to select galvanized materials in order to reduce the frequency of maintenance service.
2. There is abundance in residential gate openers but all branded ones are pretty powerful and come with plenty of standard features. It's important to choose the right opener for solid sliding gates or swing doors and if you have chosen to follow the green options, you can install solar openers.
3. When you replace the old steel gate, it's necessary to get one of similar characteristics in order to avoid any further changes in terms of other components or the reconstruction of the fence. You must also consider future needs to avoid having space problems in case you'll get a bigger car tomorrow.
4. Give gravity to technological devices and be sure that intercom installation will actually make a massive difference to the security of your property and the safety of your children.
5. Choose the gate remote according to your needs. If you find keypads are easier and more practical, don't hesitate to choose them. All access means today are completely reliable.
Choose gates based on your needs
You will be faced with many options and will have numerous questions but the bottom line is it's always necessary to remember or accurately estimate the requirements of your own property in order to make your life easy. Hence, don't forget to measure the distances properly because swing gates may not fit if you don't have space inwards or outwards and consider the local temperatures because they affect most materials greatly.